Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness

"Thankfulness takes the sting out of adversity. That is why I have instructed you to give thanks for EVERYTHING. There is an element of mystery in this transaction:

You give me thanks (regardless of your feelings)
I give you joy (regardless of your circumstances)."

I think I am more thankful this Thanksgiving than ever before in my life. I am thankful for a break...a few days to catch my breath, relax, hug people I don't get to see very often, lounge around with my family, eat ice cream with my sister, laugh at my brother, have some of the people I love most in the world in my kitchen at the same time... but even more than that I am thankful for the hardness of this fall...the adversity, the adjustment, the stretching, the exhaustion and in the midst of it all, the total unwavering faithfulness of the Lord to me. He has truly given me joy independent of my circumstances. I have never experienced a peace like this...a peace of knowing you are right where you need to be. This thanksgiving I want to be mindful of all my blessings...the ones I so easily take for granted...but even more than that, I want to remember to give thanks for the hard things and the things I am more prone to complain about or question than to be grateful for. I think it's in those things we find the mystery of God hidden the most.
Happy Thanksgiving!
We have much to be thankful for!
May we all, give thanks in ALL things....

No comments:

Post a Comment