Sunday, November 7, 2010

An extra hour!!!

So...this morning is daylight savings time! Probably one of everyone's very favorite days of the whole year! It feels like you're cheating the system or something...you get an extra hour. Just for free. Where does it really come from? I don't know but I love it. I feel like I need to take advantage of it but where to start?? I think about that list of "to do's" I have...all those things that aren't urgent but you want to do and you write them down so if you ever just have some time laying around, you can do one or two of them...(or maybe this is just me!) But i DO have a list like that (I LOVE LISTS!!)...and I find myself this morning wondering what I want to cross off! I started thinking...if I had a free extra hour everyday, what would I do with it? What would you do with it??

Here's a few of my thoughts.

With a FREE, EXTRA HOUR everyday....i would....
- Meet a friend for coffee...pumpkin spice latte anyone!??! and Christmas cups at Starbucks! Oh its the most wonderful time of the year!
- Read a new book: a few on my list...finishing "Chasing the Dragon", Jane Austen ANYTHING, Cutting for Stone, The Glass Castle, Shelter Me, The Normal Christian Life, Irresistible Revolution
- Read the past 2 Real Simple Magazines that are still sitting next to my coffee maker!
- Write a letter. I love writing letters to people. Who doesn't love getting letters!?!
- Take a long, hot bath. With bubbles. And a book.
- Simply linger...slow down...notice more
- Wander around Border's--that place can suck you in!
- Go get my hair cut (anyone who knows me knows this is my very favorite guilty pleasure!)
- Go get my car washed- inside and out (my second favorite guilty pleasure)
- Watch my DVR-ed shows! (top 5: Greys, Parenthood, Modern Family, Top Chef, and Oprah!)
- Bake some banana bread or pumpkin muffins ('tis the season!)
- Call an out of town friend or 2
- Go on a long run
- Go on a long drive...windows down, heat blasting
- Listen to a good podcast: a few of my favs...Donald Miller, 2 Rivers church, John Piper
- Update my blog! ha!
- Drink coffee --flavored with my new fav. coffeemate flavor: Sugar and Spice! You totally need to check it out!!-- in the kitchen with my mom while watching the TODAY show!

Looks like for this year, the last 2 win out! I feel good about that. But if only I had an extra hour everyday...if only...!

No comments:

Post a Comment